Friday, December 11, 2009

About My Blog

Hello world,

It's that time of year again, and everyone I know is in a frenzy.  For most people, the frenzy is all about the holiday season, but for me and my fellow college students, it's all about exams and the end of the semester.  It's an exciting time for everyone because after next week, we will all be able to leave behind our current classes and spend a month relaxing before moving on to the new ones.  For me, this year is especially exciting.  Next semester, I will not only be starting new classes, but I will also be starting them at a new school... in Australia!  Yep, this spring, I will be attending the University of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.  True to its name, Sunshine Coast is located in an area of Australia that stays warm and sunny all year round and the campus is just a short bus ride from a gorgeous beach.  I will be using this blog to document all of my experiences before, during, and after my trip abroad.  I am so excited to have this opportunity to see the far reaches of the world.  Here is a lovely photo of the USC library.



 Apparently the USC campus is full of wild kangaroos that just lounge around in the sun all day.  Being a naturally curious person, I wanted to learn as much as possible about Australia before going there, so I have been doing some research on Australian food, slang, tourist attractions, and other random facts.  The more I learn about Australia, the more excited I get about spending a semester there.  Being a fan of dance clubs, I was very interested to learn that Australian night clubs play mostly techno music, and that Australians do not dance the way we do in America.  It will be interesting to go to a dance club and not see people simulating sex on the dance floor.  I also found out that Australians drive on the left hand side of the road and they have their own version of McDonald's which they call Maccas.  I will be posting more updates on my preparations for my semester abroad throughout the next couple months.

As excited as I am for going abroad, I can't forget about my holiday which is right around the corner.  Like any normal human being, I love getting gifts, I love giving gifts, and I love going shopping for gifts for both myself and others. So, in honor of the Christmas spirit, I will soon be posting my own Christmas wish list, and a list of a few of my favorite places to shop for gifts.

Well that's it for now, so until next time, goodnight, America and good morning, Australia.

Love, Amanda G.


No comments:

Post a Comment