Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beach report: day 3

I guess this is day 3 if you count travel day as day 1.  Anyways, this morning, Kaity woke up early (and when I say early, I mean 10-ish)  and went to pick up her friends, Charlie and Kelsey.  She came back to the house around 11:30 and woke me up.  I finally got up and got myself ready to meet them out at the beach.  We all spent some quality time frolicking in the waves.  Eventually, Charlie and Kelsey had to hit the road.  Kaity and I walked them back to their car and said goodbye (it was so hot that I was drenched in sweat by the time we got there) and then we headed back out to the beach.  A couple hours and a walk or two later, we went back to the house, this time on bicycles, for a delicious dinner of shrimp, friend okra, fresh fruit, and salad.  After dinner, Kaity and I went on a bike ride along one of the many trails that run all over the island.  We biked until dark, returned to the house, and got cleaned up and ready before heading back over to pretty much the only bar on the island.  At the bar we had some drinks and a nice chat with a guy who was roughly around the same age as us.  At midnight, we were the last ones in the bar (pretty lame) so we headed back home to catch some much needed Z's.  


I know this post is a bit boring without any pics but I promise to have them up asap once I have access to my camera-computer connection cord again.  Anyways, I am really enjoying my time here with my bestest friend in the whole world but I am also getting more and more excited by the day about my upcoming journey overseas!  14 days left... holy crap!!!


Aloha (that's beach speak for goodbye),


Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment