Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beach report: day 5

Yesterday and today have gone by in such a blur.  I spent the day yesterday on the beach again, walking and swimming with Kaity.  We cut the day short so we could go back to the house and get cleaned up for dinner Then the whole group (13 of us including the two little ones) went out for dinner at a nearby place called Red Sky.  Us girls all got dolled up for the occasion.  I had a Roquefort pear and blue cheese salad for my appetizer, and then seared scallops with some sort of sweet potato side dish mixed with minced meat and veggies.  It was soooo delish!  I tried a little bit of Kaity's crab cake appetizer, which was also wonderful.  Of course we had some white wine as well.  After dinner, we all went over to the Freshfield's shopping center for ice cream.  I ended up just getting mango ice cream in the smallest cup possible.  Then, I did a teensy bit of shopping and got some sunscreen (a necessity) and a little present for Tim.  We spent a little time at the bar, and then Kaity and I spent the rest of the evening lounging around the house and drinking wine.  She thought it was hilarious when I opened up one of the drawers in the dresser in our room and found a dead lizard on a stick!  Yes, a previous occupant of the house left a dead lizard in the dresser.


Today, I spent my beach time sitting on a chair right at the edge of the water and reading a new book called "The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love" by Oscar Hijuelos.  I haven't gotten very far into it yet, but I will let you know how I like it later.  While I got a little lounge time into my schedule, Kaity was able to take a walk with her mom and tell her about her plans to move out to Sacramento to be with her boyfriend, Rob.  I was so proud of Kaity for being brave and being honest about what she wants.  It took me much, much longer to be honest with my family.  In the end though, everything worked out for her, just as it has for me, and she is so very excited about her future with Rob.  I am excited for her!  I know all too well how hard it is to be away from the person you love.  I just feel so incredibly lucky that I will be able to see my own love in two short weeks!  Anyways, Kaity and I took a long bike ride before dinner.  It was so hot that we were both drenched with sweat and exhausted when we got back.  Dinner tonight was a pot roast with veggies (yum!).  We spent the remainder of the night in the house playing games and watching TV.  A couple people had maybe a little bit too much wine (not naming names).


Once again, I hate that I can't share pictures yet, but I promise to have them up asap.


I hope you are having a lovely week!  Next I will tell you all about my night in beautiful Charleston!


Ciao,


Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment