Monday, October 3, 2011

Spear-fisherman (photo heavy)

I guess this post is coming a little bit late (as in two weeks late) but I still wanted to go ahead and share these pictures.  I am so blessed to be able to live just down the street from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.  Two weekends ago, Tim and I met a couple of his friends down at Caloundra beach for a little snorkeling and spearfishing.  I didn't participate in the spearfishing part, but I did get the chance to put on a mask and fins and go for a short snorkel.


I was very nervous about getting in the water because I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to the alarmingly huge amount of poisonous and dangerous things that swim around Australia's coastline.  Also, Tim told me that he had seen a wobbegong while he was fishing.  They may not usually attack humans and have very small teeth, but they are still sharks and can be pretty darn big.


Anyways, here are some photos that I snapped while Tim was out fishing:
























I live in paradise for real.  Whenever I hear anybody complain about wanting to get away from the coast, it makes me really sad because the people who have lived here all their lives just don't know how to appreciate its beauty.

I hope you had a lovely weekend!  I got to go to the Eumundi markets this past Saturday.  Finally!  Did you do anything fun?

Love,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these pictures are amazing! Looks like a fun time indeed :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete