Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Awesome New Sweater!



Hi everyone!


Today is kind of a weird day.  I couldn't sleep last night so I spent hours and hours on Etsy wading through all of the amazing vintage things that can be found there.  I ended up sleeping in very late today (after I finally fell asleep around 6 in the morning) and was abruptly awoken by the mail man pounding on our front door.  The reason he had to do that is actually a funny story... basically one of the people who used to live in the house next door bowled over ours and another mail box with her car about two weeks ago.  The mail boxes have yet to be replaced by the land lord so the mail man has been unable to deliver our mail.  I guess he was frustrated by this because he scared the bejeezus out of me when he nearly knocked down the door at around 12:30 this afternoon.  But, the good news is, after I ran to the door wondering if a bomb had gone off, I received the June issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine.  I'm not sure why, since I don't have a subscription, but in any case, I can't wait to read it.  Anyways, out of all of my laborious Etsy searching, I got some reward... I bought this super awesome nautical sweater!



I'm not sure what era it's from, but I plan on wearing it with skinny jeans and some brown moccasins.  I really would love to have these that I also unearthed during my search:

I could also picture wearing it with a black beret.  Awesome right?  This outfit would be perfect for when I first arrive in Australia, given that it will be winter there.  But it's nice that the sweater is short sleeved since Queensland winters are not exactly what I would call cold.

Speaking of Australia... I just finished applying for my working holiday visa today!!!! I am super excited but also freaking out.  I'm sure this is nothing compared to how I will feel a month from now.  

Well that 's all the news for today.  I have been a lazy bum today and have been spending far too much time on my computer so it's time for me to venture out doors for a little while.  I think I might visit the pottery studio and then go to my mom's house for dinner.  I hope you have a lovely day!

XOXO,

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment