Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Words to Live By


I first came across this image on Danielle's blog, Sometimes Sweet.  Apparently this quote is from childrens' book author, Dallas Clayton.  I only 'borrowed' this image from Danielle's blog because it really spoke to me and relates so closely to my life now.  Before I left for Australia, most of my family worried that I was making a huge mistake by leaving behind everything I know in order to be the with the guy I love.  They were afraid that I would ruin my life for a relationship that wasn't even a sure thing.  But you know what?  Nothing in life is a sure thing.  Of course, there was also the possibility that as soon as I arrived in Australia, my relationship would fall apart, I wouldn't be able to get a job, and I would be miserable.  But then again, there was nothing and no one that could tell me for sure that if I stayed in NC and got a job close to home that I would be happy either.  So I took the leap, knowing that if my life crumbled around me, I could always turn around a go back home.  I have been here for two months now, and I certainly don't regret my decision yet.  


Of course I miss my family.  In a perfect world, NC and Australia would be right next to each other and traveling between the two would take five minutes and be completely free.  I certainly don't have everything figured out yet.  Tim and I are completely broke and have only one car, which is pretty much falling to pieces.  But we are happy.  I know that taking risks can be scary.  But think of all the amazing experiences you would miss out on if you never, ever did anything risky.  Take the leap.  If things don't work out, you can always turn around and go back home.  Then, at least you can say you tried.


Have a happy Wednesday!


Love,


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment