Monday, May 28, 2012

Always Been Like a Hummingbird

I love the Weepies and I love this song.  I know that people say this all the time and that every time they do it just ends up making them sound really stupid and cliche but I'm gonna say it anyways: I really feel like this song describes me.  Yes, really.




"Always been like a hummingbird and I can't keep still.  Listen up, lover listen up, I never will."  

My whole life, I've always felt restless, always wanting to flit from place to place, never satisfied with where I am and always looking for something bigger.  A sweeter or more vibrant flower, if you want to continue on with the hummingbird simile.  Or perhaps it's more that I don't want to stop until I've visited every flower in the garden.  I know it's not always a good way to be and I do try to enjoy the present and live in the moment and all that good stuff. But perhaps it's not all bad.  My restless nature means I'm always moving, never sitting still.  Hence my blog's website name, "at least she isn't standing still".  I know that I can never be happy if my life is too stagnant.  It keeps things interesting, that's for sure.

Anyways, here's a picture of the adorable couple that calls themselves The Weepies:




If you've never heard of the Weepies, be sure to check em out.  They're kind of like a mix between indie and easy listening I think and they're one of my favorite things to listen to when I just want to sit back, relax and be lighthearted.



No comments:

Post a Comment