Just popping in to share some of my favorite recent thrift finds. I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the thrift stores around here and a bit let down by others. The Salvation Army stores tend to carry mostly mall brands and so far I haven't had the best of luck there but you can find more unique things at the Bloomhill Op Shops, which are my personal favorites. Now that I know the best places to shop, I can make the most of my little thrifting adventures.
1. A sunny yellow cotton tank for $3.00 I have already thought up so many different ways to wear it!
2. These super-gorgeous beige and silver heels for $5.00 A classic shoe with a shiny twist.
3. This light and airy white burnout blouse for $4.00 Perfect for the hot Sunshine Coast summer.
4. This pretty and functional wooden mortar and pestle for $5.00 This one, I bought for Tim to use for grinding herbs and things.
5. This pretty little ceramic sugar dish for $3.50 It has no markings on it but looks like it could have been hand made. I use it to store little knick knacks like rings and loose buttons.
I collected those straw-colored puff ball things at the beach a couple of days ago. I'm planning on using them for a decorative DIY some time soon.
6. These fun and silly flexible heart-shaped ice cube trays for $1.00 They were originally from Ikea. Ice water is so much more enjoyable when your ice is shaped like hearts :)
8. These super sparkly gold sandals for $8.00 That's a bit expensive for thrift store prices, but I think it's because they had never been worn before.
Yep, this photo is sideways. I tried a couple of times but just couldn't get my computer to turn it around the right way. So you will just have to look at a sideways photo. Deal with it.
As you can see, thrifting has become a new addiction for me. It's fun, gives me an excuse to get out of the house, and it's cheap! But wait, I've already done a post on why I love to thrift. I try to go at least once a week now so next week I'm sure I will have some more new goodies to share with you. I have yet to find any rare vintage treasures but I'm not about to give up on looking any time soon.